Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sketches at the Buck Brannaman Clinic

                      

Buck Brannaman 

taught in Santa Fe this weekend, I was a face in the crowd with my camera and sketchbook in hand...He was funny, dry, cut to the chase with his students but not in a harsh way...and to watch him move his horses with the smoothest lightest touch was a lesson in itself.

 So many types of horses at the clinic, I loved picking up on their conformation and stance...

               Lots of standing around time for horses and students, so it was easy to draw them

 This was a very rounded quarter horse, watching the action
Here's Buck on one of his, a  lovely roan gelding


Can't wait to do some paintings from the photos, it was so good for me to just draw for a change. I have mixed feelings about drawing now, it's not as immediate for me as painting is, where I can get color,volume and line all at once. I actually don't feel like it matters too much to draw any more, my focus is on the canvas, but I guess my years of drawing must be in there somewhere!

1 comment:

  1. I am really happy with your blog because your article is very unique and powerful for new reader.
    Floor Coating

    ReplyDelete